Most difficult conversations ebb and flow between good progress and difficult moments, those times it’s a challenge to access our best selves and skills. Here are five common difficult moments and five powerful questions to help you through them.
- The value of silence in difficult conversations
- How to politely stop long-winded talkers
- About deep listening
- Separating intention and impact
- Keeping yourself (and others) out of conflict corners
- “How can” questions
- Why it’s so hard to reason someone back into reasonableness
- Buying time to calm down
Want a transcript of this episode?
Transcripts of podcast episodes are available to my subscribers, who receive them automatically by email. Subscribe for free here.